NuVision Engineering can provide radiological decontamination services to commercial nuclear and government facilities, and we can support many non-nuclear applications as well. We have successfully provided customers worldwide with engineered decontamination systems.
The Sponge Abrasive Cleaning and Decontamination systems are unique, dust-free ways to efficiently clean many types of surfaces.
We have successfully deployed decontamination equipment and operations in the areas of:
Pipe-End Decontamination (PED) for Steam Generator Replacement Projects (SGRP) and ‘Safe-Play’ repairs
Equipment, structural steel, and concrete decontamination
Benefits of our decontamination system include:
- Little, if any, dust is generated during the blasting process, reducing the potential for airborne contamination
- Lightweight, portable equipment
- Equipment can be automated to reduce man-rem exposure
- Wide selection of abrasive blast medias to accommodate a variety of surface cleaning needs
- Rapid surface decontamination with minimal change to the surface profile
- Media can be recycled up to 5 times and may possibly be incinerated, further reducing waste
- Soft media can be compacted up to 6 to 1 ratio
- Dry blasting - no liquid waste to clean up
- High decontamination factors are achieved with a single blasting pass